Help & Information
Globefund.com offers the following resources to answer your questions about the site and about the mutual fund industry in Canada. If you have a question about globefund.com, try the Frequently Asked Questions first.
Answers to your registration-related questions.
View answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions about globefund.com.
Get updates on fund manager changes, new funds available on globefund.com and other fund news.
View a summary of globefund.com's features.
Search the Globe and Mail for mutual fund articles by subject, date or author.
Send us your comments and suggestions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Mutual Funds Available on globefund.com
- What types of mutual funds can I track on globefund.com? Can I track stocks?
- I can't find a fund I'm interested in following. Could it be under a different name on your Web site?
- What time are closing prices available?
- When are the month-end returns updated? Is there a schedule that will tell me when data is updated on globefund.com?
- Do you have historical price listings? Can I get the price of a fund on a past date?
Using the Fundlist
- How does the fundlist work? How do I add funds and indexes to my Fundlist?
- I've lost my fundlist. Can you tell me why?
- Is there a way to ensure my fundlist will not be lost?
- When I print my fundlist, the fund names won't print. Is there a setting I can change on my Web browser or printer?
- Can I set up multiple fundlists or access my fundlist from home & work?
- Should I use Globe Portfolio or the Fundlist to track my mutual funds?
- I can't log in to Globe Portfolio. What could be the problem?
- Do you have a feature that will let me track the exact value of my mutual funds, stocks, and other investments?
- Read more the Globe Portfolio Help and Frequently Asked Questions.
Charts and Reports
- How do fund distributions affect fund prices?
- Can I compare the performance of my funds against other funds, market indices or GIC rates?
- Can you explain what is meant by Adjusted Net Asset Value (the label for the Y axis on the charts) and how it affects the prices indicated on the charts?
- Do you have descriptions of the asset classes on globefund.com?
- I notice that you continually add new indexes I can compare my funds to. Do you have descriptions of those indexes?
- How is the Globe 5 year rating calculated?
- How are MER (Management Expense Ratio) and distributions accounted for in the fund prices and returns shown on globefund.com?
- How are the Quartile Rankings calculated?
The Globe And Mail
Other globefund.com Features
- Can I export data to Quicken, Microsoft Money, or Excel?
- Can I do an advanced search of the Globe and Mail or the Daily and Weekly Commentary archives?
- Do you have a list of recent fund manager changes?
- Do you have a resource centre that has a glossary, information on getting started with mutual funds, or how to be a wise investor?